By registering and using YUBO you will provide to us, and we will collect, information about you, including information that identifies you. This is what is known as your Personal Data.
It is important for you to know how this Data is collected, what we do with it and for how long and also to be fully informed about your rights.
This is why we have prepared this document, which we have tried to make as clear and simple as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us if, despite our efforts, you would still like to ask us any questions.
1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
TWELVE APP is responsible for processing your Personal Data. We are a French company and our head office is in the 11th district of Paris.
TWELVE APP has published the YUBO application, a social network that enables you to make friends and chat with them, including through live videos.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
2.1 In order to operate YUBO, we collect the information (i) which you provide to us directly, as well as (ii) the data, which we collect automatically.
(i) Data which you provide to us directly
Registration data: in order to be able to use YUBO, you must create an account and provide us with the following personal details:
- Your mobile number (which will not be provided to other users)
- Your name and pseudonym (both of which will be visible to other users)
- Your date of birth: this information will not be provided to other users, although they will be able to see your age. Minors under 13 are not permitted to use YUBO. If you are a minor aged between 13 and 16, you may require permission from your legal guardian in order to register on YUBO.
- Your gender: you may or may not choose to specify whether you are male or female, but you must tick one of the boxes. This information will not be visible to other users.
- Your profile picture: the photo that you decide to use, as your profile picture, must be of you. This will allow other users to identify you on YUBO and allow us to ensure that people do not use false profiles and ensure that the application remains secure and therefore yours.
- The password that will enable you to log into your account.
All this information is required in order for you to create your profile and register on YUBO.
You may, if you so wish, complete other sections of your profile (emojis, social networks, e-mail). This information is optional.
Data concerning your exchanges with YUBO: if you report a problem to us, request assistance or exercise your rights, we will process the information you provide to us.
The Data we collect when you use YUBO
Data concerning your activity on YUBO: when you use YUBO, we can collect and process information such as the date you register, the date you last logged in, your interactions with other users (number of likes or dislikes via swipes) and your posts.
Data concerning your location (geolocation): subject to your consent and the consent of your legal guardian where required, we collect and process data concerning your location. This enables us, depending on your settings, to include the town/city where you are located in your profile and/or to suggest people in your town/city to add as friends.
If you no longer wish us to know where you are, simply untick the relevant box in your account settings. We will therefore no longer be able to display your town/city or suggest meetings with nearby friends.
Data concerning content: the photos and/or videos that you decide to upload to your profile will be visible to all users. Be careful what you share with others and don’t forget that all users can save the content you share and that we cannot do anything to stop this. The same goes for the videos you post and comments you make via the YUBO live video service.
The messaging service is only available to users who are friends. Messages exchanged between users remain private and are not forwarded to other users or third parties under any circumstances, except in the event of a judicial inquiry and/or in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
Data concerning search preferences: you can configure your privacy and discovery settings by going to ‘Settings’ on your account.
You can also use your settings to choose to meet female friends, male friends or both.
You can also choose whether or not you wish your contacts that are registered on YUBO to be able to find you and send you a friend request via the app.
Data concerning devices and hardware: we collect information from and on the devices and hardware you use to access YUBO such as the IP address, type of device, advertising identifier (e.g. Google’s AAID and Apple’s IDFA, both of which are randomly-generated numbers that you can reset by going to your device settings), application malfunctions, version and language, operating system, etc.
Device address book: as YUBO is an application for making and staying in touch with friends, you are permitted to identify those of your contacts who are already registered on YUBO and to add them, if you so wish, as friends on the application. You can also choose to send a message to your contacts who are not on YUBO to ask them to join you on the app. In order for us to provide this service, we must have access to your address book, which we will use to collect data for the above purpose only. We will never automatically add your contacts or send them any spam.
Cameras and photos: in order to be able to send and upload your photos from your camera, you must give us permission to access them.
3. WHAT ARE THE LEGAL REASONS WHY WE COLLECT DATA?
When we collect and process your Personal Data, we may do so for the following reasons:
- To enable you to access YUBO and use the services we provide: this actually means that you are performing the contract we have with you. For example, when you use YUBO, we use your data to operate your account, make your profile accessible, suggest friends, send your messages and the content you share, and broadcast your videos live.
- In the legitimate interests of YUBO: we may use your data if we have a legitimate reason to do so. For example, we process data for administrative purposes, to identify fraudulent and illegal conduct, and to ensure that the application remains secure.
- To fulfill a legal obligation: we are required, for example, to retain data identifying new content and to forward it to the authorities if requested to do so.
- With your consent or that of your legal guardian: if we process data with your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time by going to ‘Settings’.
4. HOW DO WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT?
We collect, use and store your Personal Data in order to process your requests, manage our relationship and your use of YUBO, optimize our services and tools in order to create and maintain a secure environment, and fulfill our legal obligations, as explained below.
Managing our relationship and access to YUBO
- Create and manage your user account (including access to YUBO services and assistance)
- Locate you to put you in touch with friends nearby
- Manage and store messages exchanged between users who have become friends and live videos
- Send information message concerning YUBO services and your interactions with other users (Notifications)
Security and fulfillment of legal and contractual obligations
Respond to requests from administrative and judicial authorities, law enforcement officials and legal officers, and to abide by court decisions
- Identify and prevent fraudulent activities and threats to the security of YUBO pursuant to and in accordance with the law
- Improve the safety and security of our services
- Use information collected via cookies or any other technology to improve our services and your user experience
5. FOR HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA?
You may delete your account at any time by clicking on the relevant button in your ‘Settings’. When you delete your account, you will immediately stop communicating your current and future details to YUBO and your profile will no longer be accessible.
We will only retain your Personal Data for the period of time required to fulfill the purposes for which we process your details unless we are permitted or required by law to retain it for a longer period of time. In practice, we will delete your Data as soon as you delete your account, unless:
we are required, due to an unresolved issue, claim or dispute, to retain relevant information until the matter has been resolved; or
- the data must be retained in our legitimate commercial interests, for example in order to prevent fraud and improve users’ safety and security. For example, we may be required to retain data in order to prevent a user who has been banned from opening a new account due to their dangerous conduct or a security incident.
6. WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE DATA WE COLLECT?
The data we collect is intended solely for internal use by YUBO and our processors.
Only certain TWELVE APP authorized managers and employees will process your Personal Data for the above purposes, and they are only permitted to access the data strictly required in order to carry out their work.
TWELVE APP may also enter into an agreement with authenticated and reliable service providers and partners who may access and/or process users’ personal data and who guarantee that such data will remain secure and confidential in accordance with this Policy.
These service providers and partners help us to operate and improve YUBO. particularly in relation to the hosting of data, studies, analyses, and statistics, the use and/or operation of the application and the assistance required by users.
Lastly, the data we process may be forwarded to the police and to the judicial and administrative authorities in order for us to fulfill our legal obligations.
7. WILL YOUR DATA BE TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA?
We guarantee that such transfers are carried out in such a way as to ensure that the data remains confidential and secure and that it is adequately protected in accordance with the regulations in force. We use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, which represent commitments made between companies that transfer personal data in order to ensure that such data remains confidential and secure.
8. HOW IS YOUR DATA PROTECTED?
TWELVE APP will ensure that your data is processed securely and confidentially, including in cases where certain operations are carried out by processors. Accordingly, appropriate technical and organizational measures are implemented to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration and erasure of your personal data.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access your personal data and to request that it be corrected, completed or updated. You may also request that your Data be erased or object to the processing of your Data, providing that you have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may ask to exercise your right to data portability; in other words, your right to receive your Personal Data in a frequently-used structured context and your right to send such data to another processor.
You also have the right to issue instructions as to how your Personal Data should be used after you die.
In order to exercise your rights, you will be asked to produce proof of your identity. You may submit your request by sending a letter or an e-mail to email@example.com or on YUBO in the ‘Assistance’ section.
We will do our utmost to fulfill your requests, but don’t forget that this right is restricted and must be exercised under legitimate and reasonable conditions. We will not follow up on any request that is obviously unlawful or unachievable.
Should you have any other complaint, please contact the appropriate national data protection authority.
- by completing the online contact form on the YUBO website (www.yubo.live) or directly via the application;
- by sending an e-mail to privacy@.yubo.live; or
- by writing to us at the following postal address: TWELVE APP – Privacy, 8, rue de Charonne 75011 Paris.
Last updated: July 30th 2018